I am sure, you are aware of the situation that the whole world is facing. Yes, you are right, I am talking about Corona Virus outbreak which is also known as Covid-19. Covid-19 means Corona Virus Disease that broke out in 2019.
Quick View of the Alarming Condition
This disaster has taken over 27,000 lives and confirmed cases are more than 3 lakhs globally. Active governments of many countries have ordered complete lockdowns which are:
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
Though some have taken the action very late but few are active and more cautious. The condition is worse in few European countries but India too has registered over 696 coronavirus-positive cases and has announced curfew across the country. India’s quick decision making and efforts are even praised by World Health Organization (WHO).
Be in Quarantine
All possible measures are taken by the government in order to avoid the further spread of coronavirus. As per government’s orders and self-consciousness, people all over the world are practicing self-quarantine and are spending time with family.
As Work from Home is being focused, almost everyone is working remotely. People are staying home but still they have enough time to utilize. Even the news of increased fatal disease also frustrates people and makes them arrogant. This is the perfect time to get back to your hobbies and joy that you were avoiding due to day-to-day work load.
There are so many positive aspects too. Though human interaction is limited, time and productivity is high, it’s the high time to adore yourself and enjoy every moment of your life. Do all the things that bring you happiness.
These 15 Ways to Stay Happy While Stuck in Quarantine may help you.
Having this free time in qurantine, adopt the things and routines that make you happy. Try and enjoy everything that you couldn’t carry on due to your busy schedule.
- It may be anything like cooking, singing, dancing, painting, designing and many more.
- Learn and innovate new ideas and tricks around your intrust.
- Thanks to the Government you have a fine network connection. You can learn anything online from google, youtube and many other apps.
- Read comics that you have been meaning to for so long.
2. Work Out
In this period of lockdown and social distancing, it’s time to take care of your body which you were avoiding due to the busy schedule.
- Going to the gym seems like a good place to relieve stress but skip the gym for now and workout at home.
- Exercising and getting your body moving will help you relieve from Blood Pressure and anxiety.
- You can try some basic stretching and yoga for the easily bearable time.
- Find workouts online through many videos by experts.
- Even many celebrities are working out at home and encouraging their fans to do the same.
- Even you can find some good apps that’ll guide you step-by-step for breathing exercises and kickboxing.
3. Follow a Routine
If you are not regular at something you will find everything not working or messed up. And finally you’ll end up doing nothing. The most mandatory thing you have to adopt is daily routine.
- Getting up early is not necessary but get up at a particular time, take exercise, take shower and have a proper breakfast.
- Get dressed officially for work, it has a very positive psychological impact on mind and enhances your productivity.
- Get on to your official work as you are a remote worker.
4. Maintain a Work Space
Work from Home means you have a fine choice to work sitting anywhere in the house, whether in the kitchen, on the terrace or at the stairs. But having a definite workspace will boost up your productivity.
- It increases your output and keeps lethargy away.
- Avoid working from your bed, you will end up sleeping.
5. Embrace Creativity
Certainly you are feeling down and depressed about this sudden change and uncertainty for the duration of quarantine. Creativity will make you busy enjoying the pleasure of mind and soul.
- Get crafty and try funky crafts that you used to do in your childhood.
- Get new and innovative ideas from youtube and Instagram videos.
- You can use any stuff around the house like recycled light bulb, flower vases, wine bottle, cardboards, paper cups, colour papers and many more.
- Have an attempt on DIY crafts or break out the sewing machine that is gathering dust for long.
- Take out the painting brushes and start stroking them on the canvas.
6. Spend Time with Your Family
Busy lives and heavy work load may unintentionally make us put family and friends somewhat away.
- Use this precious time to spread love and reconnect with family members that you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Call or video call that uncle, cousin or friend that you haven’t spoken to for years.
- Spend this time getting back in touch with kids and play with them.
- Teach them old fashioned chores and tell the prophets that you used to here from your grandparents.
- Treasure this pleasure. This special time with your family that will not always be so accessible.
- Reach out to your long distance relatives by having a conference call. Put them into a positive spirit. This is a really scary time for them too.
7. Donate and Help Others as Much You Can
As every night has its sunshine. This short period of time will change too.
- Take this time to show gratitude, be humble and smile at one another.
- Provide food to the needy nearby you.
- Provide safety equipment to the required.
- Pick up groceries for elderly or who has a lower immune system.
- Stay connected online with your community by supporting local businesses, online shops or donation funders.
8. Music and Poetry
We all appreciate and enjoy listening to our favourite types of music and poetry. Often music takes us to a different world of fantasy, where we forget about all our worldly problems. And poetry speaks the language of our inner voice.
Listen to good music and poetry and explore new artists.
Personally, I think music enriches all our lives and enhances our mind.
- Some beautiful cheering songs are:
- “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince
- “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
- “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas
- “Just Fine” by Mary J. Blige
- “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin
- “Say Yes” by Michelle Williams feat. Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland
9. Play Indoor Games with family
Games! Games! Games!
As these games don’t require special supplies, they are perfect for this lockdown or quarantine.
- They can be board games, card games, paper crafts or dice. There are so many fun games to play with your family while quarantine.
- Take this time to learn Rumi, Puzzles and TDS. They connect you heart to heart and are time-consuming way to spend your day.
- Play hide and seek, it’s not just for kids. You’ll too love to play it.
- Everyone has a deck of cards. Play them with your family or you can even build castles with them.
- Build tower by paper cups after announcing the prize for the winner by creating the highest tower.
- Try a pencil and paper game, like Dots, OX and Boxes.
10. Time to Netflix
Watching movies is a superb idea to distract yourself from the not-so-positive news all around.
- Of course, there’s T.V. at your home. If not than watch movies on your lappy with Netflix, Amazon.
- You can even check out YouTube for tutorials and movies.
- You can list up all those films and series that everyone talks about.
- I personally recommend staying away from movies like Pandemic and Outbreak even though they are top rated on Netflix right now.
Meditation is setting up thoughts, feelings interference, sensations or paying attention to the breath.
- Take some deep breaths.
- Smile a little bit more. It has an amazing superpower.
- You can mindfully walk in nature or take a shower.
- If you’re anxious or angry about the situation, reassure yourself with words like “I should be kind to myself in this difficult situation”.
- Witness your thoughts and emotions, you can discover a lot about yourself — your preoccupations, worries, anxieties, needs, and values among others.
12. Read Books and Write a Diary
As books are the greatest source of literary minds, they have universal themes, experiences, perspectives, characters and emotions. Their ideas and thinking will help you to tackle your anxiety. Getting inspired with them you can even put your emotions into words.
I hope these works help you inspire to write your own personalized ones.
- The Diary Of A Young Girl, by Anne Frank
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling
- The love story of Lord Shiva and Goddess Shakti, by Shantosh Gairola
- Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare
- The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini
- Lord of the Flies, by William Golding
13. Decorate and Organise Your Home
As cleanliness soothes mind and enhances productivity. It’s time to clean your furniture that has a huge pile of clothes on it and organise your cupboard and kitchen.
- Get all the laundry washed up that has been piling up so far.
- Make your home cozy and comfy by lighting candles and decorating it.
14. Connect to Like Minded People on Social Media
Connect like-minded people on Social media, it can increase happiness and nurture your social circle.
- Through social media you can even create awareness among the people about the ongoing situation.
- You can create videos, memes, quotations, articles, images and illustrations to spread awareness socially online.
- Through social media you can follow some experts and achievers to learn from.
15. Cook What You Love to Eat
Some eat to live, some live to eat. If you are a food lover you must try cooking yourself.
- Try and innovate new recipes. This is the best time to learn new recipes.
- You have enough time, try out those sweets and time-consuming meals that you haven’t tried because of your busy schedule.
Guys! We know Self-quarantine is not that easy. Especially for those who have grown up with people and big families like in India. But please be responsible and Stay Home. As it is the need of the hour we have to stand together to fight this pandemic but from our homes only.
Just think for the lakhs of healthcare staffs and forces who are working just for your wellness. Don’t let them down. You just need to contribute in this war by staying at home.
Stay Home, Stay Happy and make the most of the free time too!
Share this maximum to help people to stay home to avoid this widespread Pandamic.
To check other Success and Motivational Articles, visit here:-
- Work from Home: Be Productive
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Business Writing Skills
- 11 Most Inspiring Women in the world
- How to improve social skills?
- 10 Self-Made Billionaires You Should Learn From
- 7 Habits of highly successful people
- How to Stop Procrastination
- 12 Ways To Limit Your Time On Phone
- 10 FINANCIAL TIPS FOR STUDENTS
- 7 Things to keep Quiet About
- Top 20 Time Management Techniques for Busy People
- 10 Benefits of Reading Books
- Youth Empowerment in India
- What is Cryptocurrency?
- Belief Power
- 10 Ways to cope with worse situations
- 20 Resolutions for 2020