The new year begins with new hope, energy, and resolution. Another year is about to end, yet it’s a hard year but the next another is about to begin. So, what 21 New Year Resolutions for 2021 you’re going to make for your better future?
As 2020 has been a very hard year for almost everyone around the world. So, getting a fresh start in 2021 feels super appealing. From making a New Year’s resolution that helps you get the year started on with the right setup.
Is 01-01-2021 is the right time for setting-up some good habits and goals? Well, the answer is no. you can do it anytime even now, with firm determination and consistency with required efforts.
According to the research, about 60 % of people make new year resolutions but only 8 % are successful in achieving them.
Creating new habits takes time and energy. Any new behavior won’t become automatic overnight. you have to maintain consistency by practicing it regularly.
- Important steps to build a strong resolution
- Commitment is an act, not a word.
- Learning by looking back at 2020
Having a flashback of the past year will get you to realize the lacks and efficiencies of your caliber.
1. Healthy diet plan
Everything you eat and drink matters for building a healthy lifestyle. So this new year, make changes in a diet plan that are specific, positive, reachable, and under your control. You can set goals like-
- Drinking water instead of sugary drinks.
- Having a vegan diet.
- Half the grain that you have regularly.
- Use fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Add a good quantity of protein to your diet. Such as sprouted beans and legumes.
2. Start meditation
Meditation is very therapeutic. It not only maintains the inner balance and stability but also exposes your inner complexes, your unproductive reflexes, and habits. Benefits of meditation are-
- Makes you feel well being
- Improve blood circulation
- Lower blood pressure
- Less stress
- Lower heart rate
- Less perspiration
- Lower blood cortisol level
- Less anxiety
- Slower respiratory rate
- Deeper relaxation
How to apply?
- Sit or lie comfortably.
- Close your eyes.
- Use a cooling eye mask.
- Have an uncontrolled simple breath.
- Focus on your breath and how the body moves with each inhalation and exhalation.
- Try to centralize your focus in your mind.
- Maintain consistency
3. Begin an exercise routine
Everyone has some fitness goals ranging from generally trying to stay active in viewing fitness as a lifestyle. Start your new year with these smart goals that will help you to get a better lifestyle.
- Waking up early, you will have lots of time to meditate and exercise with peace in your mind.
- Having a long run in the morning improves your stamina and lets you be close to nature.
- Skipping, weightlifting, and cycling have been proved best as time-saving exercises.
4. Create a positive attitude
A positive attitude always begins from positivity to you. It boosts you up whenever you are down and charges you when you are already on track. Frameworks that help you stay positive are-
- Adopt beliefs that frame positivity.
- Create a library of positive thoughts.
- Avoid negative media and negativity in people. Stop complaining about not getting success.
- Sign a satisfactory agreement with failure and start investigating success.
5. Bring peace into your mind
If you have peace in your mind, your strategies to seek your goals would come into effect. Otherwise, they will get troubled with the irresistible complications. Frameworks that you can work on in order to get mental peace are-
- Take meditation.
- Avoid negative people.
- Build your network with the people whom you get really inspired from.
- Communication with your family and loved ones.
- Apologize for your mistakes and forgive others for their mistakes.
- Engage yourself in some art and hobby.
- Get up and dance to your favorite song that will shed all your burden.
- Stop regretting the past, work on the present, and plan the future.
6. Learn something new
One of the best ways to leverage your spare time this year is to learn a new skill. Most successful people in the world consistently succeed because they are best at learning new skills. you can learn anything that excites you and fulfills your heart. You can learn web development, communication skills, or learn any language even from online learning apps.
7. Read a book monthly
Reading increases your knowledge, focus, and improves your perspective to see the world. Basic things to be considered for book reading-
- Read books that you actually enjoy.
- Always have a book in hand.
- Borrow reading time from something less important.
- Read in a distraction-free reading environment.
- Use technology to your advantage.
- Create a stoke of valuable books.
- Set a deadline for reading a particular topic.
- Keep your goals to yourself but share what you read.
- Take notes and read aloud or mouth along.
Some other Beneficial Articles:
- 10 Benefits of Reading A Book
- How does Reading a Book Affect Your Personality
- The Top 20 Books that Every Startup Founder Should Read
- 11 Best Self-Improvement Books You Must Read Once
8. Talk to yourself
- Be your own best friend and have a belief in yourself.
- Keep discussing the goals to yourself that will make you stuck stiff to your goals.
- It will improve your speaking skill and goal clarity as well.
- It will help you to sort out your confusion and problems that keep revolving in your mind.
- You can find the best version of yourself.
9. Confront your Fears
The key to facing your fears is to take a single small step at a time. Going too fast or doing something bulky or too scary before you are ready can backfire.
What really matters is to keep moving forward. Yeah, a moderate amount of anxiety is OK. But don’t wait for a change that isn’t going to come on its own. You’re the one who can take a step ahead to cope with worse situations.
10. Grow a creative pursuit
Defiance is a key attribute of the creative pursuit one has. The Internet can be the best medium for a creative pursuit it can help you to explore the best possible ways to give your creativity a destination.
- Write down your keynotes of strategies
- Connect with your audience more
- Challenge your norms
11. Write a business plan
If you are planning to establish a business or promote a pre-established business, firstly you have to set a roadmap of where you want to go and how to get there. Working on a business plan can take you to new heights in this new year. You should work on these incredible strategies-
- Set a vision – a vast picture of what you want to achieve.
- Generate a mission – General statement of how you will achieve the vision.
- Core values – How will you behave during the process.
- Strategies – Way to use the mission statement in order to achieve the vision statement.
- Goals– what you need to accomplish to implement a strategy.
- Objectives – They provide specific milestones with a specific timeline for achieving a goal.
- Action plans – specific implementation plans of how you will achieve an objective.
Volunteering is one of the best things you can ever do. It helps you build self-satisfaction and confidence in yourself.
- Gain confidence – You can get a new sense of achievement by gaining confidence.
- Make a difference – By it, you can have a positive effect on people, communities, and societies.
- Meet people – you can meet different kinds of people and can make friends.
- Learn new skills – you can learn new skills, gain experience and qualifications too.
- Take a challenge – By volunteering, you can challenge yourself to achieve personal goals and discover your hidden talents.
13. Get a promotion to rise
If you are an employee, you must have a promotion target. To achieve its work with loyalty and extreme efforts to get promoted to a higher level.
Set your targets concerned about working hours and the quality of service you provide.
14. Begin a gratitude practice
Practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things that you are thankful for. And you can experience more positive emotions, sleep better, feel more alive, express more compassion, and have a stronger immune system as well.
15. Strengthen your personal relationship
By strengthening personal relations, you will be happier and more fulfilled and feel more supported and connected. Tips to strengthen your relationship-
- Accept and celebrate mutual differences.
- Listen to others effectively.
- Give people your time.
- Develop your communication skills.
- Manage mobile technology.
- Give positive feedback.
- Trust more.
- Develop empathy.
16. Pick up a hobby
Hobbies help us to develop our tastes and our passions in life. They allow you to tap into thought desires and feelings. They can be diverse as -painting, singing, cooking, writing, gardening, stand-up comedy, and rock climbing as well.
Travel to places those you never have been, be a global citizen. Travelling can really give your new year a new vision and new energy. You can set goals like-
- Visit one new place a month.
- Cross the country boundaries.
- Take a solo trip.
- See more of your own country.
- Help your retired parents to explore the world.
- Experience different natural climates.
- Experience different travel mediums by –road, water, and air.
18. Spend more time in nature
In today’s busy lifestyle, unintentionally we get apart from our mother nature. So, it has become necessary to have an appointment with nature’s extreme positivity and love. Things you can apply in your life are-
- Adopt a vegetarian diet
- Live near greenery so that you might feel less stressed.
- Expose yourself to plants and parks to boost immunity.
- Absorb morning sunlight.
- Being in nature inspires creativity.
Leave bad habits
19. Stop being an emotional fool
If being sensitive, caring, and emotional you are often betrayed. You must strengthen yourself.
- Be your own master.
- Explore your sensitivity.
- Look for escape ways.
- Keep in mind that don’t sacrifice your own needs for others.
20. Stop procrastinating
Procrastination may be the root reason to not grow in any particular field. You shouldn’t spoil your new year by procrastinating or not getting things done.
How to avoid it-
- Get organized with a proper routine. You can use a calendar or paper chit top to remind you.
- Set simple achievable goals
- Create a schedule
- Set a deadline
- Get rid of distractions
- Take a break when required
- Get the hard stuff done first
- Tell someone about your goals
21. Spend less time on the phone
The phone is a revolutionary product that has changed everything. But we are getting addicted to it with many unuseful kinds of stuff. We are stuck to it like not a user but a servant. How we can limit its overuses–
- Create a reminder to check in with yourself.
- Delete unuseful social media apps.
- Set a text-auto responder to save your time.
- Remember the goal that why you are using it.
All these goals have their worth if they are applied consistently and efforts are made on them regularly. Don’t give up on yourself even if you falter on your new year resolution for a day or more, but the mistakes behind and return to your resolution afresh.
you definitely can, because if someone can ever do then you are that possible someone.
Value a minute as hour
An Hour as a day
A Day as a week
A Week as a month
A Month as a year
If you want to make this year better, Value each of your minute.