As you’re here to read this article, then it’s sure that you want to become a more productive person. You can too follow 7 Habits of Highly Successful People to be successful.
Like you, I am also seeking for the answers to these questions. Well, I have found some of them and wanna share with you. I hope these will proved to be helpful.
What’s the daily routine of successful individuals? Do successful people set their alarms earlier than average people? Do they read daily? Do they have a special type of diet specialized for working? What’s that about exceptionally successful individuals that makes them accomplish incredible tasks? Everyone wants to figure it out. I damn sure you aren’t different.
- There is an ideal combination of habits that leads success.
- The combination is finite.
- The combination is timeless.
- The combination is unique and same for everyone.
Let’s go through the 7 Habits Of Highly Successful People.
1. Focus On Productivity, Not On Being Busy
We are habitual of the world where work is paid on the basis of time engaged in it. But if you wanna be a successful entrepreneur, you should never pay yourself like a salary. Never reward yourself for spending time working on a project. But reward yourself for getting work done and the quality of work. If you run your own business, you are paid for products and services, not for time invested on them.
If you choose being productive instead of busy, here are some tactics that successful people recommend you use to work less and get more done:
• Use the 80/20 rule – This rule states that you get 80% of your results from the 20% of the tasks you do. So, look at the numbers and find out what tasks take the most out of your time and which are most productive. Just focus on those.
• Automate everything that you can – Use technology, software, freelancers, staff or even virtual assistants to get your minor, tedious tasks done that you don’t need to do yourself. Hence, you can save most of your productive time.
• Get your most important task done first – It is easy to use coffee breaks or lunch breaks and other things as excuses, but these silly things take your productive time. So write down the most important thing you can do today and get it done first. At least, you need a start in the morning before 10 AM.
And what if you want to get success in a corporate career? Work it this way. When your productivity far outshines the productivity of your co-workers. You should make an impact on your company with better performance and you are the one who is likely to get the promotion.
2. Set Smart Goals
“Smart Work is far better than Hard Work”.
Have you ever felt like you’re working hard but not getting anywhere? What is the success? You need to have a belief in yourself. According to most people success is probably achieving a goal. But how will you succeed if you set unachievable goals? Many goals are unrealistic or too hectic to be achieved.
What is the prominent reason why many people never succeed at their goals in life? Possibly a refusal to try! The higher you set your goals, the scarier the vision of failure can be. But there is no reason not to try.
Standing at the bottom,
Looking at the sky,
How can you win a battle?
When you don’t even try.Rahul Bhatnagar
To be sure your goals are clear and reachable, your goals should be:
- Specific – Your goal must be clear and specific, otherwise it would be hard to focus your efforts or stay truly motivated longer to achieve it.
- Measurable – Your goals must be measurable, so that you can track your progress and stay motivated to accomplish them.
- Achievable – You should identify previously overlooked opportunities or resources that can bring you closer to it.
- Relevant – Make sure that your plans drive everyone towards them, but you’re still responsible for achieving your own goal solely.
- Time bound – Every goal needs a target date or deadline, so that you can focus on and work towards it. Thus, you can manage your time effectively.
3. Exercise and Eat Right.
Successful people who stay healthy over the long term do not abuse their bodies and can trigger themselves more. They usually take time each day to prepare and eat healthy meals and to work out. The way we care for our bodies affects our performance at work and productivity. Skipping your daily workout because you believe you are strapped for time, leads to negative habits. That will impact your overall happiness and productivity. If you order fast food instead of cooking yourself to save the hassle of buying groceries and preparing your own meals hurts more than it helps on a big scale.
- Good food nourishes the healthy body and powers a strong mind.
- Working sleepless yields diminishing returns and unproductive efforts.
- Exercise refreshes the mind as you exercise the body, it heals the stress and contaminated illness.
If the most powerful and busy people in the world have time for a daily workout, so why don’t you!
4. Lead Balanced Lives.
No matter how much you plan the schedule, things will never go your way. The world is unpredictable. Unexpected events always twinkle up uninvited. Your boss may add a new meeting to your busy schedule. A friend might call you at last minute to cancel your dinner plans. You need to cope with all of them. Balance requires being flexible and adaptable — you have to adapt to the moment rather than rigidly stick to our expectations.
However, it’s simply not easy, people who live that way would eventually burn out and crash hard. They think they can sacrifice their health, comfort, relationships and leisure time for a few hard years and then coast for the rest of their lives. Rarely if it ever something actually work this way.
That can just make it more important than to find time for other important things in your life. Especially for important people, a healthy, balanced life is necessary if you are going to have to struggle for the long term.
The basic terms required are:
- Integrity – When you live with integrity, you become confident about your actions and words. When you make a decision from the depth of your heart, there’s no room for blame or guilt.
- Spirituality – Your spiritual practice cultivates the development of your inner-self and helps to lead a well-balanced life.
- Inner-calm – By practicing mindfulness you can develop a balanced, peaceful, and focused mind and quiet about your goals.
- Freedom – Let go things that haunts you, it brings equanimity — the more you let go, the freer you’ll feel.
5. Realistically Optimistic
Whatever you are or you will, is your perspective.
Successful people focus on the positivity wherever possible, but not blindly. Optimism helps us spot out the opportunities we would miss if we were focusing on the negative and unproductive.
Optimists tend to be more hopeful and positive about the future. They see the glass as half full. On the other hand, Pessimists have negative thought patterns and tend to focus on the same glass AS half empty.
- Whenever bad things happen consider alternative explanations and don’t take things personally. Come up with several alternative explanations as why they happened and then work constructively on the situation.
- Make ‘downward comparison’. Optimists tend to compare themselves to others who are worse off than them, in order to feel better. It’s not that they laugh in others’ misfortune but rather that they count their own blessings.
- Practice relaxation whenever you are tensed. Pessimists are more likely than Optimists, to get regular exercise, to practice meditation or to utilize other techniques to reduce stress and trigger the relaxation response up.
And you must always plan for the future and for potential failures, you must believe there is a way across the differences that gape below. Otherwise you will look back before the journey is complete, or get fallen along the way.
6. Make The Most Of Networks
The most successful people never try to go alone for any big project. If they do not have to and they always look for opportunities to create network and expand their circle of friends and business associates. Networking and building relationships with smart, successful people, are the most valuable things.
- Building your network is about delivering value to as many of the right people as possible. That’s why when you need something, somebody in your network will be happy to help you get it.
- Consider about what you have that the mentor does not have. It’s not money and it’s probably not business advice, but that’s all is attitude and understanding. Resolute for helping others, you will be helped further.
- Keep trying different approaches, depending on what you think the person will respond best to. A lot of people hesitate to follow up because they think they’re annoying. But what if you’re not annoying? What if you’re actually helpful to them?
You should realize that every conversation is an opportunity. This can hold the seed of potential for a new business relationship or venture. When people find themselves facing harsh times, they would reach out to you and others for ideas. When others in their networks struggle, you should offer solutions.
7. Set Boundaries and say ‘NO’
“The difference between successful people and very successful people is only that very successful people say no to almost everything.” – WARREN BUFFETT
Saying no is the most effective way to increase your focus and productivity to the work. Saying no will help you reduce low leverage activities (that consume resources and drive results slowly). Thus, you can invest more time and energy into high leverage activities that are the key to achieve the right results faster. You should stop procrastination to be more active in your work. You must learn to say no to the things that don’t matter to you. So you can say yes to the things you care about.
Why you need to say ‘NO’?
- To eliminate distractions, limit your time on phone and keep yourself on track toward goals.
- To reprioritize limited resources in order to produce maximum benefit while producing more outcomes.
- Usually, not always, saying no increases measurable output.
- To position yourself to provide focused, effective and consistent leadership.
- To reduce incidents of “feature creep” so that the output produced is simple, elegant and effective.
- To preserve mental and physical energies from investing in low leverage works.
- To display a commitment to honesty, practicality, integrity and transparency.